Monday, November 25, 2013

Hoddy, The young Jedi - Organized Bullshit (Review)


I stumble upon music at such a dramatic rate that sometimes it's hard keeping up. Today I present to you Hoddy, The Young Jedi, and his lastest project Oragnized Bullshit, released a little more than a year ago. More after the jump.


I've had this tape on repeat for the last couple weeks, less because it was that memorable, and more because I was really trying to figure out WHO Hoddy was as an artist. The tape begins right off the intro with bars, which I did appreciate. The rapping was smooth for the most part, however throughout the tape Hoddy occasionally has a hiccup with his flow, mainly from his very elementary and basic rhyme schemes. This leads to some very forgettable verses. Most of the songs sound too alike to differentiate, and apart from a few stand out tracks, leave much to be desired. Some of those stand out tracks, which include; 5AM Food, Fake Rapper Music, and MUSTARD, are unlike anything else on the project, and just add more confusion as to who he is as an artist. The hard hitting production and in your face rapping in Fake Rapper Music, was entertaining, exciting, and leads to question, why didn't he keep this style throughout the tape? Instead of the boring, and repetitive one he chose to keep. I wanted to like this tape,  I did, but it just had no cohesion, or anything holding it together. It felt like a high school mixtape, nothing inspiring or thought enducing about it. For this I'm gonna have to give it our NOT stamp of disproval.  


No comments:

Post a Comment